We can all use a little help brushing our teeth now and then. And sometimes we need some advice on caring for our toothbrush. The cleaner your toothbrush, the less likely will be to infect your mouth with additional bacteria; and your toothbrush will be more effective. Save your smile by taking care of your toothbrush.
– An ideal toothbrush has soft bristles with a brush head that fits easily into your mouth.
– Older individuals or people who cannot easily brush their teeth and gums should consider an electric toothbrush to make brushing easier.
– Do not store toothbrushes in sealed containers for long periods of time.
– A toothbrush is not effective if it has become contaminated, so try to keep your brush clean when not in use.
– Do not use a toothbrush if it has worn out, and replace it every 3-4 months, or even sooner if necessary.
– Never share toothbrushes with other people, or cross-contaminate them by placing them together.
Our dentist at Justin Karrel DMD can answer your questions about daily oral hygiene as well as give your teeth a cleaning and examination. Dr. Justin Karrel and our team would love to see you at our office in Staunton, Virginia. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 540-885-1631 . Don’t wait until it’s too late. Call or visit us today!