If you are scheduled for a tooth extraction or have recently had one performed, do you best to prepare your smile for recovery time that lies ahead.
Don’t underestimate your tooth extraction recovery. For more information about tooth extraction recovery treatments, consider the following:
– Never take more than the normal dosage for medications given by your dentist.
– To minimize the risk of choking, do not drink or eat any meals until the anesthesia has worn off.
– Your dentist is always there to help after your treatment phase should you need them for any reason regarding your recovery.
– Your dentist has a plethora of wonderful techniques for patients healing from tooth extraction that you can make use of.
– Although facial swelling is to be expected after a tooth extraction, ice packs and medications from your dentist can be used to help minimize the inflammation.
– Rest is always needed after any surgery, and tooth extractions are no different, no matter how minute the extraction may seem.
If you would like to have your teeth or missing tooth gaps inspected by our team at Justin Karrel DMD, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Justin Karrel and our team at our dentist office in Staunton, Virginia. To schedule a visit, please call us at 540-885-1631 . We look forward to upgrading your smile!