If you want optimal oral health care, it is essential to prepare your smile and plan ahead for any treatment plans and prevention techniques to ensure your smile thrives. Listed below are various tips you can use to improve your oral health:
– Know of and keep track of your complete dental history.
– Avoid hard foods that can easily crack and chip your teeth, including hard candies.
– Schedule and attend your regular oral exams and bi-annual professional cleanings with your dentist.
– Make sure to use proper brushing and flossing techniques to ensure your teeth are clean.
– Try to avoid sharing your toothbrush or eating utensils with anyone else.
– Prepare nutritious and healthy meals along with speaking with your dentist to ensure you are free of any eating disorders.
– Focus on using dental products that have been approved by your dentist. Furthermore, look for products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance awarded by the American Dental Association.
– Avoid unnecessary risks to your oral health, including mouth jewelry products such as lip and tongue rings.
– Keep your toothbrush clean and safely stored when it is not being used.
– Stay away from sugary drinks and snacks such as soda and candies.
Focusing on your oral health care with treatment and prevention ensures oral ailments will not be able to harm you. To schedule a professional cleaning at Justin Karrel DMD with Dr. Justin Karrel and our team at our dentist office in Staunton, Virginia, simply give us a call at 540-885-1631 . Let us help you with all of your oral health care needs.