Are toothache troubles getting you down? Are you tired of the aching tooth hurting every time you eat or talk? If so, consider the pain a message telling you something is wrong. When a toothache strikes, it’s important to think of it as a warning sign something is amiss. To help you understand more about toothaches, our dentist, Dr. Justin Karrel with Justin Karrel DMD in Staunton, Virginia, is happy to provide you with some insight.
Here is a list of toothache causes:
– Medications can be an indication of toothaches if the pain is still felt even after taking pain relievers.
– If you notice any discharge around a tooth or the presence of pus or sores, a toothache may be present.
– Toothaches arise as infections within a tooth.
– A toothache can be caused by gum disease, damaged teeth, or tooth decay.
– Damage to your jaw can lead to toothaches.
– Damage to your wisdom teeth can lead to toothaches.
– Noticeable symptoms of toothaches include facial rashes, high fevers, and excess swelling.
The bottom line is toothache pain equals a serious warning sign you should talk to your dentist about. Your dentist is here to help you and your smile, so call us today at 540-885-1631 to make an appointment if you are experiencing a toothache. We are happy to help you in any way we can.